What does Cockpit Drill skill cover?
CAR COCKPIT DRILL AND CONTROLS LESSON
The cockpit drill and car controls are the very first procedure you will learn on your first driving lesson with a driving instructor.
Able to adjust driving controls in the right order so that they’re in the best position for driving. Getting in and out of the car safely.
What you must know and understand:
You must know and understand how to check and adjust (if applicable) the following:
- Doors are closed and parking brake on
- Seat and headrest position is correct, including how to adjust and lock firmly for a comfortable drive
- Steering wheel correctly adjusted
- Seat belts are worn by everyone
- Mirrors, including anti-dazzle, are adjusted
- Gears and parking brake are checked for safety before moving off
- Fuel is sufficient for the trip